Monday, March 19, 2012

Everyday Wisdom

A Really Good Reason for Not Doing It All

"For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do." Ephesians 2:10

Here is something that I have been thinking about lately. While putting together the New Member classes at church, leading Bible studies and praying about what God might have me to do in the near future and how that could change what I do everyday, God has laid this on my heart and I thought I might share it with you.

If I say 'yes' to something that isn't really what God has for me, then I'm actually taking someone else's spot.

Isn't that freeing?
I tend to think I have to do it all but in reality I'm only to do what God asks, to use my strengths and skills in the unique way he intends me to while I'm on this earth. When I stay focused and purposefully say "no" at times then I can actually help others do what God has called them to as well.
We don't have to meet every need.
So let's breathe a big sigh of relief together and then say a little woo-hoo because we only have to do what God has for us! And we can cheer on our sisters as they do the same.
Go for it! Is God leading you to do something that you are not sure about? Have you been doing things that God is telling you to let go of? Pray about it and see what He tells you. Maybe you are the person for the job or maybe someone else is. Maybe you have done a job for awhile and now it is someone else's turn. Maybe God has other plans for you. You won't know until you pray about it and wait for God to show you what to do next.
Dear Lord, show me what You will have me do. I am ready to see it. I am excited to see how You will use me. In Your Name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment