Thursday, April 5, 2012

For God So Loved . . .

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." John 3:16
 
The ultimate expression of love, one that will never be surpassed, took place when God sent Jesus. His only Son, to die on the cross for our sins. "For God so loved . . . that He gave . . . " That's what love does. It gives and gives and gives. Love is sacrifice - and in the person of Jesus Christ we witness the ultimate sacrifice. Today, as you ponder God's love for you, rejoice in the fact that He gave Himself willingly for you.
 
Dear Lord, in the Old Testament days, only the high priest could enter the Holy of Holies to spend intimate time with You. However, when your Son Jesus died on the cross, the veil in the temple was torn in two! I now have free access to the Holy of Holies, and Jesus invites me to enter . . . often! He longs to spend time with me in that place. And Oh, what joy, when I enter in. Help me make that choice today. In Your Name I pray, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment