Tuesday, July 3, 2012


Wherever You Are, Be There

I stare out the back door at robins pecking and trees swaying in the early morning like slow dancers. 

It's a gorgeous day just unfolding. All is well.

And then in the middle of the peace a voice comes, "But it can't last. Something bad will happen."

So I start to worry and fret. Before I know it, my body is one place and my heart in another.
Have you ever done the same?

Then when a difficulty does come, I do much the same. I look at the broken pieces, the shattered dreams.

And then in the middle of the hurt a voice comes, "But you should just be happy. Look how blessed you are."

So I plaster on a smile and try to fake it through the day. Before I know it, my body is in one place and my heart in another.

God created us to be whole.

"When times are good, be happy; but when times are bad, consider this: God made one as well as the other." Ecclesiastes 7:14

When life is going well, don't give in to the fear that it won't last.

When life is hard, don't give in to the temptation to pretend everything is okay.

Keep your body and heart in the same place.

God says He is I Am. That means He is where we really are. To experience His presence fully, we need to fully be there too.

I slow the racing thoughts in my mind and look up at the blue sky. Yes, it will rain again but for now I feel the sun on my face...and in my heart. And I am here in this moment to give thanks to I Am. With all I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment