Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Fresh Mercy

"The faithful love of the LORD never ends! His mercies never cease. Great is his faithfulness; his mercies begin afresh each morning."
Lamentations 3:22-23

Don't you love the newness of morning? The dew on the grass? The awakening of the sun? The quiet stillness of the day when you can spend time alone with the Lord in solitude? Oh, what joy rises in our souls as we realize that God's love and mercy are new every morning! Each day is a fresh start, a new chance. Grace washes over us afresh, like the morning dew. Great is His faithfulness!

Prayer for you today:
Lord, allow me to receive Your great mercies as I trust in Your faithfulness, Your goodness. You are the delight of my soul in the land of the living. I surrender all my circumstances this day into Your capable hands. I confess my tendency to let my circumstances prevail, therefore, robbing my joy and hope. Jesus, You are my Hope, my Strong Tower, my Deliverer in whom I trust. Thank You for giving Your life that I might live and have abundant life, not a hopeless one. I give myself to Your encouragement.
Let me know in the deepest parts of my being that You remain when everything else I have trusted in departs. You stick closer than a brother. You are an ever-present help in times of affliction. I return Your love by trusting You. My hope is in You, Lord, my Everlasting Rock. I love You. I wait upon You this day for wisdom, guidance, hope, and enduring love. I love You. Amen.

Blessings on your day
Enjoy the sunshine

No comments:

Post a Comment