Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Good News about YOU

God seems to be laying things on my heart lately. I guess with the 'extra' time I have He thinks He can hit me with some things that make me stay up way to late and ponder what He might be saying to me.

The other day I was thinking about freedom, grace and God whispered that even when I do not feel like enough, I am enough.

Here is the good news: When you flourish, you become more you. You become more that person God had in mind when God thought you up. You don't just become holier. You become you-ier.

You will change: God wants you to become "a new creation." But "new" doesn't mean completely different; instead it's like an old piece of furniture that gets restored to its intended beauty....God wants to redeem you, not exchange you.

I don't know about you but there are parts of me that I wish were different sometimes. I'm quiet in groups--I might even be anxious and fidget. I need time to process before I make a decision. I do not overlook details. I can't seem to bake a pie to save my life.

Yet when I look at those traits another way, I see characteristics that make me a good listener, an insightful friend, a big-picture dreamer and a person that can get things done. (The pies are another story--I still don't know what's redemptive about that. Hmm.)

It's a relief to know that what I wish would change about myself God simply wants to redirect and redeem.

I think of all the energy I spend trying to be less of the things that I wish were different about me.

What if I spent it instead on becoming more of who I'm been made to be all along?

Dear Lord, help me to become me-ier. Just like You want me to. Help me to see the traits You have given me, have been given to me for a reason... to do Your work in the kingdom. Show me today, how to put them to use for You. In Your Name, Amen

Hear are some thoughts for you to ponder today. Do you ever struggle to accept parts of who you are? How might God be able to use that in unexpected ways? Keep your mind and heart open and see what thoughts God will lay on your heart.

Blessings to you today,

No comments:

Post a Comment