Monday, October 24, 2011

Walkin' Boots

"I heard about you from others; now I have seen you with my own eyes."
Job 42:5

As children we sang, "Jesus loves me, this I know, for the Bible tells me so," and we believed because, well, we were told to. But we reach a crossroads as adults: Either pull on the boots of faith and take ownership or simply polish them occasionally - maybe at Easter and Christmas - and allow them to sit neglected and dusty in the closet. Have you taken ownership of your faith? Go ahead, sister; those boots were made for walkin'!

Dear Lord, life isn't predictable. Certainly not perfect. But one thing is sure. You know the way through the good and disappointing times. You will guide my steps, bringing opportunities across my path that will shape my character and help me become the wise woman I long to be. Help direct me. You know the way. Help me put my boot's on and show me the absolute best trail I could ever take. In Your name, Amen.

Blessings on the start of a new week,

No comments:

Post a Comment