Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Astounding Rescue

"Then I remember something that fills me with hope. The Lord's kindness never fails!" Lamentations 3:21-22

With our hectic lifestyles, pausing to remember the past isn't something we do very often. But perhaps we should. Then when doubts assault our faith, fears threaten to devour us an disaster hovers like a dark cloud, we'll remember God's past loving kindnesses. Hope will triumph over despair. Keeping a prayer journal is a wonderful way to chronicle answered prayer. We'll always remember the times when God's merciful hands rescued us in astounding ways.

Heavenly Father, I have so much to be thankful for. My list of blessings is never ending. May I never fail to praise You and to thank You for the many blessings You have given to me. In Your Name, Amen.

Have you kept a prayer journal? I have. What a blessings these journals are to me. As I read what was written 3 years ago, 1 year ago or 3 weeks ago, it amazes me to see where God has been in my life and what he has accomplished with me and thru me. I challenge you to go out today and buy a journal. It could be a school spiral bound notebook or a pretty journal with fancy pages, it doesn't matter what it looks like. What matters is what YOU write on the inside and how God will show you his presence daily. I promise you you will be blessed by this challenge if you so choose to tackle it. Let me know how it's going. I'd love to hear about it.

I'll even give you a few things to start out with on your page:
Look up: and write this verse out: 1 John 5:14-15
God, I want to talk to you today about . . . (put anything here, He is a big God and can handle anything you have to say)
God, I want to thank you for this today . . .
God, I need your help here . . .

Look up and write this verse out: Philippians 5:4-7
I come to you Lord to request . . . .

Blessings on your day,

No comments:

Post a Comment