Monday, July 25, 2011

Go ahead and shine, my friend. . .

"But that's not humble."

"I don't want it to be about me."

When I talk to people about living the purpose and calling God has for their lives, I hear those two phrases often (and I've said them myself).

And yet...

"People don't light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven." (Matthew 5:14-16)

In other words, let what you do shine in a way that helps people see who God is.

Yes, people will see you.

That's okay.

You're still being humble.

And it's certainly not about you.

We all know a light bulb isn't ever the main attraction--it just enables us to see what matters most. So go ahead and shine, my friend.

Brighter than ever.

Oh, yes, that's beautiful!

I think I can see the glow all the way from here... :O)

Dear Lord, all of us have the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of those we come in contact with. As I love You Lord and let You love me, Your light will shine forth. Each and every day I have the opportunity and privilege to show the light of Christ. Some may ask how I do this, and the answer is there are many ways, but the key to this is being in Christ and Christ being in me. Help me to take time each day to be with You and renew the light that You have placed in me. In Your name, Amen.

Blessings on your day,

No comments:

Post a Comment