Thursday, August 11, 2011

That God Will Meet Your Needs

"My God will use his wonderful riches in Christ Jesus to give you everything you need." Philippians 4:19

God's faithfulness has never depended on the faithfulness of his children. He is faithful even when we aren't. When we lack courage, he doesn't. He has made a history out of using people in spite of people.
Need an example? The feeding of the five thousand. It's the only miracle, aside from those of the final week, recorded in all four Gospels. Why did all four writers think it worth repeating? . . . Perhaps they wanted to show how God doesn't give up even when his people do . . .
When the disciples didn't pray, Jesus prayed. When the disciples didn't see God, Jesus sought God. When the disciples were weak, Jesus was strong. When the disciples had no faith, Jesus had faith.
I simply think God is greater than our weakness. In fact, I think it is our weakness that reveals how great God is . . .
God is faithful even when his children are not.

Lord, praying Psalm 37:17-19. The power of the wicked will be broken, but the LORD supports those who do right. The LORD watches over the lives of the innocent, and their reward will last forever. They will not be ashamed when trouble comes. They will be full in times of hunger. Thank you Lord for providing me with all that I need, when I need it and not when I want it. I am so blessed that you remain faithful even when I am not. Give me the strength Lord, to depend on you alone. In Your Name, Amen.

Blessings on your day,

No comments:

Post a Comment