Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Why you don't have to compete. . .

We're all running a race.

But it isn't what you might imagine.

We don't have the same starting line.

The same distance to go.

The same steps to take.

Our finish lines are even in different places.

You see, my friend, we're not running on a track--

we're each running on a one-lane path.

In the Kingdom, there's no such thing as competition.

It's impossible.

Because no one else ever has or ever will run your race.

So go for it, my friend, be strong, brave, beautiful YOU all the way to the end.

{Psst, here's a secret: You've already won.}

"However, I consider my life worth nothing to me; my only aim is to finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me . . . " Acts 20:24

Dear Lord, as I live for today, please help me run this race fully and fairly. Please protect and defend me from all struggles and distractions of this race. My mind, body, and soul are yours Lord. In Your Name, Amen.

Blessings on your day,

No comments:

Post a Comment