Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Because of His Great Love

"But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions - it is by grace you have been saved."
Ephesians 2:4-5
 
Sometimes we just don't feel like loving. We not only withhold love, but we punish others by not forgiving them for what they have done to us. This brings a rift in our relationships, and it isn't good for us. Love acts as a buffer. God extended mercy to us. Why? Because of His great love. We must love, even in the hard times, so that mercy and grace can follow.
 
Dear Lord, simply, help me to love those around me. The ones that I need to obviously love, the ones that I may forget to love, the ones I really don't want to love and even those I don't know. I want to love like You love. Show me how to do that. In Your Name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment