Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Rest

Take a Break
"Only in returning to me and resting in me will you be saved."
Isaiah 30:15
 
Some days you try everything you can think of to save yourself, but no matter how hard you try, you fail again and again. You fall on your face and embarrass yourself. You hurt people around you. You make mistakes, and nothing whatsoever seems to go right. When that happens, it's time to take a break. You need to stop trying so hard. Throw yourself in God's arms. Rest on His grace, knowing that He will save you.
 
Dear Lord, I know I keep trying to do things on my own, even though I don't know what I'm doing and I am exhausted. I know You are waiting quietly, ready to show me the way. I know I don't have to try so hard. You will lead me with quiet, gentle grace, carrying my burden for me. Help me to rest in You today. Show me what to do and what to let go of. In Your Name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment