Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Everyday Joy

JOY FEAST
 
A group of chefs from the Food Network set out to complete what seems like an impossible task: feed 100 people with food that was destined for the garbage.

They expect only to find scraps but as they travel to markets and farms, what they discover is stunning.

Beautiful tomatoes with the slightest imperfections in their skins.

Gorgeous corn blown over by hurricane winds that no one will pick.

Eggs that are not quite the right size or shape.

In the end, they have abundance that turns into a joyful feast.

How can there be so much waste? is the question that lingers in their minds and those of the viewers too. Are we used to rejecting what’s good but not perfect?

After I change the channel, the questions still linger.

And I realize that I have done the same in my life.

I fear what I create isn’t adequate so I don’t offer it.

I think what someone else does is better so I cast aside my strengths.

Maybe you too?

But the reality is that God wants to feed hearts through who we are–just as we are.

Let’s dare to put our imperfections in his hands and let them have his way with them, with us.
It just may turn into an abundance of joy for more than we can even imagine.

No comments:

Post a Comment