Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Slathered in SPF

"You are my refuge and my shield; I have put my hope in your word."Psalm 119:114


These days, the word shield evokes images of glistening sunbathers dotting beaches and carefree children slathered in sunscreen. Like the psalmist's metal shield, sunscreen deflects dangerous rays, preventing them from penetrating vulnerable skin - higher SPF for more protection. When we are immersed in God's Word, we erect a shield that deflects Satan's attempts to penetrate our weak flesh. Internalizing more of God's Word creates a higher SPF: Scripture Protection Factor. Are you well-coated?


Do you have a SPF? I will share one of my many SPF's that I try to remember daily.


[Jesus said,] "Give your entire attention to what God is doing right now, and don't get worked up about what may or may not happen tomorrow." Matthew 6:34 MSG

No comments:

Post a Comment