Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Mercy

"Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life; and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever."
Psalm 23:6


In old-fashioned melodramas and classic films, repentant scoundrels throw themselves on the mercy of the court. This means they know what they've done is wrong, there's no possible way they can make it right, and their only hope for redemption is to ask the court to extend what they don't deserve: mercy. God extends mercy to us each day. He's sentenced us to life - eternal life - and to the freedom to grow in the shelter of His love.

God of joy and hope, God of goodness and freedom, I ask that you would teach me to embrace your plan for my life -- but not just intellectually. May I take joy not only in the unique plan you have for me but also in the truth that you are with me each step of the way as the plan unfolds. In Your Name, Amen.

Have a great day
Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment