Wednesday, June 8, 2011

What's better than perfect . . .

I went to the local farmer's market this weekend.
Flowers and vegetables rest in bins and on tables in the sunlight.
All shapes, sizes, textures.

I'm struck by how imperfect all of it is -- no two alike,
Bumps and curves and colors of every wild shade.

I look at the farmers who have brought their harvest. I see joy in their eyes.

Their goal was never perfection, after all.

It was growth.

And I think of how the One Who Loves Us feels the same. His goal in our lives isn't for us to strive for perfection -- that was taken care of at the cross.

"Be one sacrifice he has made perfect forever those who are being made holy." Hebrews 10:14

Instead His goal is growth too.

More of Him showing in us each day.

How we do so varies as widely as the bounty at the farmers market.

And it's just as beautiful.

{YOU are beautiful.}

Father God, I pray that this friend knows how beautiful she is. I pray that she is growing in You everyday. I pray that if she is stuck, she will find someone to reach out to and walk along side her as she learns how to grow in you daily. I pray if she is growing daily, she might recognize someone that needs help and reaches out to her as well. Help us to remain in You daily. In Your Name, Amen.

I encourage you to visit a local farmer's market. Look at all the flowers and vegetables and fruit. They are all beautiful in their own way and God made them. Now think about all your family and friends. They are all beautiful in their own way as well, and God made them too. Thank God for each and everyone of them. Continue to grow in your faith. If it is looking at Bible passages each day, being in prayer, joining a Bible study or reaching out to a friend, DO IT!! Don't waste another day for a chance to allow God to show you what He wants for you in your life. You will be amazed at what He can show you if you just allow Him to :O)

Blessings on your day,

No comments:

Post a Comment