Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Waiting

"My soul waits for the LORD more than watchmen wait for the morning, more than watchmen wait for the morning."
Psalm 130:6


Waiting may seem like a passive pursuit. However, you actually have a choice as to how you'll spend your time. You can waste it, worry over it, or worship through it. It doesn't matter what you're waiting for - an overdue flight, the results of a medical test, an answer to prayer - choosing to worship turns waiting into watching. The more often you turn your eyes toward God, the better chance you'll have of noticing how His hand is in the details.

Lord, please increase my inner strength. Remind me that although I seem powerless, Your power knows no limits and You will provide whatever strength I need to see me through my current crisis. Amen

Waiting... it is a hard thing to do. I might start today by worshiping through a red light. Just turn it into a time to worship God right where I am and give him thanks and praise for my day at that moment. Start with small steps, and than maybe when we find ourselves waiting on the bigger stuff, it will be easy to worship him through a waiting game. Give it a try today. Find yourself waiting? Worship God. I can only imagine it will help our attitude for the day and bring us some joy.
Have a super day
Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment