Monday, September 12, 2011

Calmness

"Foolish people lose their tempers, but wise people control theirs."
Proverbs 29:11

Feeling angry doesn't automatically mean you've sinned. Anger is a normal response to injustice and wrong. God becomes angry over the disobedience of the people He loves. Jesus responded angrily to the corrupt money changers in the temple, but He didn't sin. It's when anger is allowed to rage or fester as resentment that it wreaks havoc with your soul and relationships. You're wise when you face your anger responsibly, discover its roots, and partner with God to control it.

Dear Lord, help me to listen carefully and hold my tongue. When I feel angry, help me to stop, listen and hold my tongue for a while. I know Your plan is for more peaceful relationships. As God's Spirit works in my heart, help me to give another person a second, a third, or even a hundred and third chance. As it says in 1 Timothy 2:8, 'I want men everywhere to lift up holy hands in prayer, without anger or disputing." With Your help God, I can do this. In Your Name, Amen.

Hope your Monday is going well.
Blessings on your week,

No comments:

Post a Comment