Monday, September 26, 2011

When you need to get a lot done. . .

It's Monday! And as I make the list for the week at work as well as at home. I am already exhausted. Than this thought came to mind. I thought I would share it with you, as many of you may be sitting at your desk, at your computer, or on your phone running errands.
Rush-rush.

Aren't there ever enough hours in the day?

And it seems a Voice whispers to my heart...

"Not for your agenda--but always for Mine."

I stop, sigh, smile.

The most important "done" in my life is not the one I hope to write on my list at the end of the day. Instead it's the one I hope to hear at the end of my life:

"Well done, good and faithful servant."

Ah, yes, I'm called to relationship not accomplishment.

And I'm loved no matter how many items on my list are left unchecked.

Whew.

I'm so glad.

You too?

Dear Lord, be with me this week as I plan out the week and look over my list to see what has to be 'done'. Help me to realize that the relationships I have with those around me and with YOU are more important than my list. I want to do better this week, and not feel the 'rush' of the to-do list. In Your Name, Amen.

As we are half way through our Monday.... let us all take a breathe and just be still in Him for a moment. Listen for what He wants you to do in the next hour, the rest of the day, tomorrow, this weekend, next week . . . Keep Him at the center of your list. With Him at the center, maybe we won't stress out so much on checking things off. Our main check list He is keeping track of for us. Let's let Him.

Have a great day
Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment