Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Open Homes

"Be quick to give a meal to the hungry, a bed to the homeless -- cheerfully."
1 Peter 4:9

Because our homes are our private places, the places we retreat to when we're tired to find new strength, it's hard sometimes to open our homes to others. It's bad enough that we have to cope with others' needs all day long, we feel, without having to bring them home with us! But God calls us to offer our hospitality, and He will give us the grace to do it joyfully.

Dear Lord, you open Yourself to me, offering me everything You have, and You call me to do the same for others. Just as You make me welcome, help me to make others welcome in my life. I don't want to reach out to others grudgingly, with a sense of obligation. Instead, I want to be eager for opportunities to practice the grace of hospitality. In Your Name, Amen.

Have a good day
Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment