Monday, January 30, 2012

Everyday Blessings

Why we don't have to try so hard

I felt inadequate in a certain area of my life.

"God," I whispered, "Why am I not better at this?"

And it seemed I heard a whisper in response...

"It's not on My to-do list for your life."

I smiled and leaned into that grace with a happy sigh.

That's right!

This would take time, energy and effort -- all things I was supposed to use elsewhere.

I don't have to be good at everything and I already have all I need for God's to-do list for my life.

So do you.

Whew.

Dear Lord, as I sit here on a Monday morning, making and looking at my to-do list for the day, for the week or maybe for the next month, allow me to see what You want me to do and let me release those things on my to-do list that are not mine to worry about. I can do all things that You have for me to do, with Your help. In Your Name, Amen.

Look at your to-do list for the day. What can you take off of it that shouldn't be there? Is there anything that should be there that you know God is whispering to you to do? If you are silent and listen.... he will help you make your to-do list for the day. These daily devotions are God's assignment from Him for my to-do list. I am so blessed by being able to be sending these to you each day. And now . . . I can mark this off my list for today's list :O)

No comments:

Post a Comment