Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Encouragement

"Wise words satisfy like a good meal."
Proverbs 18:20


Think of your favorite meal. It might be a white-tablecloth dinner of grilled salmon or steak. Or a casual setting with hamburger and french fries. Maybe vegetarian fare is your style. Whatever you prefer, it's a satisfying experience when you see, smell, and taste your favorite feast. Likewise, encouraging words of approval, support, gratitude, hope, and commendation - mixed with supportive actions - satisfy the soul . . . yours and the souls of your loved ones. How will you encourage someone today?

Dear Lord, help me to find people in my life today that need encouragement. Not only the people that are apart of my daily life, but also those that I may just walk by and never see again. Help me to give them that smile and a hello. It may be the only smile they get today. In Your Name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment