Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Intentionality

"She looks over a field and buys it, then, with money she's put aside, plants a garden."
Proverbs 31:16
 
You've heard it before: Be proactive. But what does it mean? In part it means to initiate wise change instead of merely reacting to problems. For example, you set a goal to eat healthier. You pray about it, make a plan, research options, and visualize the outcome. But that's not enough. You need to act on your plan to see it come to fruition. You and your goals are important to God. Ask Him to help you act intentionally.

Dear Lord, help me with my plans. I want to reach the goal I have set for myself. Give me the desire I need to complete a goal. Allow people in my life to give me the encouragement I need to keep going and not give up. I want to succeed. In Your Name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment