Monday, January 16, 2012

Work

"Committed and persistent work pays off."
Proverbs 28:20

Make beds, pack lunch boxes, drive to work, answer phones and e-mails, shuttle kids, fix dinner, review homework, and start all over tomorrow. Whether you - or others - consider your work mundane or glamorous, at times it can feel boring or even insignificant. Yet satisfaction seeps into your soul when you whisper encouraging words to yourself. Try this truth-telling: God works. Jesus worked. I work. Even creation works. Well-done work reaps God-given rewards. He values my everyday work so I will, too.

Dear Lord, thank You for giving me work to do whether it be in my house, or my office or my community. I know You value what I do and I thank You for that. Help me to keep working today and give my all to that work, whether I am making the third bed, answering the tenth phone call or making a supper nobody wants to eat. Thank You for being here with me everyday. In Your Name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment