Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Righteousness

"Your righteousness is like the mighty mountains, your justice like the ocean depths. You care for people and animals alike, O LORD." Psalm 36:6

God's goodness is more than Him playing "nice." God's goodness is an extension of His righteousness. Since God is loving and just, the morally virtuous thing for Him to do is provide His children with a balance of mercy and discipline, guidelines and grace. That's why a price had to be paid for our sins. God's righteousness demanded it. But God's love allowed Jesus to pay a debt we couldn't afford to pay on our own.

Lord, I thank You for the breath of life You have given me. I pray You will breathe new life into me today. Just as You spoke and brought about life in Your magnificent world, help me to speak words that bring life into my own small world as well. How grateful I am to be closely connected to You in every way. Amen.

Hope your day is going well.
Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment