Friday, May 20, 2011

Good Morning, Friend!

The coffee is hot in my cup. The house is quiet and I sit, fingers on keyboard, heart in a million places.

I think of the week that's past--all that's been done, all that I've yet to do. I wonder at how life comes in waves, rhythms, busy and rest, new and familiar, all mixed up together.

And I think of you.

I wonder how you've been, what you'd say if you were here too.

What your happy and hard has been the past few days.

I'm learning to look in the rear view mirror of my life in a different way. On my own, I tend to see the things I wish were different. But God is slowly teaching me to look from His perspective. I ask for His eyes and suddenly I see the blessings, relationships, steps forward.

I see me differently too.

That's always the way it is when you look with love.

And, friend, His love is fixed on you and your week too.

Whatever has happened, He's got enough to cover it.

However you feel, He still declares you fearfully and wonderfully made.

All of your week.

All of you.

Yep, God's got both in His hands, the center of His plan, the middle of His gaze of grace.

"For the eyes of the LORD range throughout the earth to strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to him." 2 Chronicles 16:9

What's the best or hardest thing that happened to you this week?

All-powerful God, thank you that you make your power available to me when circumstances are tough, pain is overwhelming, thorns in the flesh are real, and life in this fallen world wears me down. I praise you for being my Redeemer and Friend! Amen

I pray you have a super weekend.
Take time to just be still.
See you at church on Sunday
Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment