Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Grace

"For the Lord God is our sun and our shield. He gives us grace and glory. The Lord will withhold no good thing from those who do what is right." Psalm 84:11

When a gift is wrapped in grace, it comes with no strings attached. That's the kind of gift God gives. He doesn't hold eternal life just out of reach, taunting, "If you try harder, this can be yours." He doesn't promise to love us if we never mess up again. He doesn't say He'll forgive, but refuse to forget. God graces us with gifts we don't deserve, because His love is deeper than our hearts and minds can comprehend.

Dear Lord, you are good to one and all. Jesus' death on the cross was more than a random act of kindness. It was part of an eternal plan. It was also a gift of grace. Jesus paid a high toll for my sins. I will never be able to repay Him. All I can do is gratefully accept what He's given to me. Help me to remember what Jesus did on the cross for me and to live each day for Him. In Your name, Amen.

Have a good day. Can't believe I am going to tell you to stay cool.
It seems like I was telling you to stay warm. :O)
Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment