Thursday, May 5, 2011

Prayer

"Pray and ask God for everything you need, always giving thanks."
Philippians 4:6


Prayer is quite simply conversation with God. What a joyous privilege we have to be able to speak to Him - almighty God - whenever we desire. How could you ever get enough of those times with Him? Meet with Him often to talk about your life. Tell Him your troubles and leave your worries at His feet. Confess your sins to Him and receive His forgiveness. Tell Him how much you love Him and how grateful you are to be His daughter. He's always ready to listen.

Dear God, how grateful I am that You see me as righteous because of my relationship with Jesus. But I know You also want me to choose to live righteously as well. I pray my thoughts, words, and actions will always be pleasing in Your sight so that my prayers will be pleasing to Your ears. Enable me every day to do what's right. In Your name, Amen.

I pray you have a great day. Take time to pray for your family, friends, neighbors, government, leaders, military, and anything else God lays on your heart today. It is the National Day of Prayer, but shouldn't we be doing this everyday and not just a certain day with this title?

Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment