Wednesday, November 16, 2011

One Amazing Girl

I want to share with you what one very special girl shared with me this morning.

I went to visit Hope in the hospital.

For those of you that may not know Hope, she is an 11 year old who has had a lot of health issues in her short life. In the past 11 months she has had a liver transplant and heart surgery. She is currently fighting an infection and looking at another heart surgery very soon.  

It was good to see her and we had a good time. She is probably the most amazing person I have had the privelge to have cross my path and become friends with. Of course I am also amazed with her mom Carrie who is an inspiration to me and watching her go through the things they have, she is truly a strong Christian woman, wife, mom and friend. Of course the whole family is wonderful and I will continue to keep them in my thoughts and prayers.

I was trying to find a devotion to share with you all today, and the thing that God keeps pressing into my heart is this song by Josh Wilson, "Before the Morning". While we visited in Hope's hospital room we talked about her favorite songs. Her mom pulled out her phone and this is the song that Hope likes. She sang along with it. I watched her sing, I listened to the words and tears rolled down my cheeks. I guess I want to share this with you because it just moved me so much.

The song says "You have a reason to still sing. Cause the pain that you've been feeling, it can't compare to the joy that's coming. Press on and fight the good fight." If Hope can look me in the eye and sing these words after everything she has gone through and going to go through, I can go through anything that comes my way too.

Hope, I know you will read this and I am truly a better person for knowing you! God has blessed me by putting you in my life. God is using you in mighty ways and I enjoy watching you work and go about God's business. Rest up, get better and know that you are loved.Thank you for sharing this song with me this morning. It touched me very much. Love you!!

Blessings on your Wednesday,
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment