Friday, November 18, 2011

When you've had one of those weeks

It’s been one of those weeks.

You know the kind that tempt you to pull the covers back over your head?

I’m recovering from too many late nights, family members with colds, and too many things on my to-do list.

It’s the everyday things that throw us off the most sometimes.

They make us forget who we are, who we belong to, where we’re going.

Maybe that sometimes happens to you too.

If so, I want to lean in close in the middle of all those little things and whisper some BIG truth to us…

Yes, you are loved. More than you know. More than you see. Deeper than you’ve dared to dream.

"16 I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, 17 so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, 18 may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, 19 and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God."{Ephesians 3:16-19}

Yes, you are really part of a good plan and you belong to a God who will make sure it happens.

"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."{Jeremiah 29:11}.

Yes, you are going to make it through this not just somehow but victoriously.

"I can do all this through him who gives me strength."{Philippians 4:13}

When life gets hard the lies get loud.

But in the middle of all the noise, there is still what’s true.

Especially when it been one of those weeks.

Have a super weekend.
Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment