Friday, March 4, 2011

Friday's Challenge

This Weekend's Challenge

I will serve those in need on a regular basis.

"But when you give a banquet, invite the poor, the crippled, the lame, the blind, and you will be blessed." Luke 14:13-14

Make it a monthly habit to volunteer at your local soup kitchen or visit a nursing home. Do what you can to share the love of God with those in need. Contact our church to get involved with the needy in your area.


My prayer for you this weekend:
God of all compassion, my own acts of kindness and compassion need to start at home and in my neighborhood and among members of my church family. May I be sensitive to hurting people who are close to me - and may I also follow your lead as I seek to extend compassion to the poor, the downtrodden, the unlovely in my city and around the world. Amen.

Have a super weekend.
Let me know how your challenge is going.
See you in church this weekend
Blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment