Thursday, March 3, 2011

Praise

"Ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of [God] who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light." 1 Peter 2:9

Your life is a song of praise that rises to God your Father. He revels in your decision to take His hand and step out of darkness into light. It's what He has worked so hard to accomplish. It's why He sent His Son, Jesus, to live and die and rise again. You are His trophy, His prize, the sure and certain reward of His great sacrifice. Each time you say yes to life, yes to love, yes to eternal values, you are praising Him.

Holy God, you know before I tell you how easily distracted I am. As the old hymn says, my heart is prone to wandering, and my thoughts wander too. Yet you alone offer fulfillment, abundance, security -- and that's just the beginning of a long list of the blessings I find in you. Teach me to live focused on you. Amen

Saying YES and praising God for this awesome day he has given us.
Blessings on your day,

No comments:

Post a Comment