Thursday, March 17, 2011

Rest

"The beloved of the Lord rests in safety - the High God surrounds him all day long - beloved rests between his shoulders." Deuteronomy 33:12

When you think of rest - you probably think of a nap or picture yourself soaking in a tub. While you need physical rest, God wants your soul well rested and full of His presence, as well. Read encouraging scriptures that build your faith. Spend time with Him in prayer. You'll feel like you've had a spiritual power nap. You'll come away rested and strengthened in your soul, safe from the assaults of the day.

Dear Lord, help me to find the time I need every day to be alone with You. Escaping all the diversions and busyness seems to be a constant struggle, and I need a greater ability to shut out everything and find solitude with You in prayer. Help me to secure a place of peace and quiet so that I can hear Your voice speaking to my heart. Amen.

Have a good Thursday.
What a beautiful day the Lord has made
Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment